- How can TaxFreeRV help me save on significant sales tax expenses?
- How fast can all the arrangements be made?
- How much time will it take to register my vehicle, once I have an LLC?
- How do I get my RV license plates?
- Does my vehicle have to go to Montana?
- Can this work for me if I already own my vehicle?
How can TaxFreeRV help me save on significant sales tax expenses?
- Depending on your state’s statutes, paying state taxes when you are going to be out of your home state a significant amount of time may not be required.
- Montana has no sales tax.
- Montana has no vehicle inspections. Your vehicle never needs to visit Montana*.
- We will form a Limited Liability Company (LLC) in Montana for you.
- You will then have your LLC buy your RV.
- The tax liability will move to Montana once your LLC takes ownership and registers the vehicle. Because Montana has no sales tax, you will only pay for the registration!
- RV and motorhome registrations in Montana are based on the year and body style.
*Salvaged vehicles may have additional requirements. Please contact our office for more information if you are purchasing a salvaged vehicle.
How fast can all the arrangements be made?
Typically, the first thing you will need in any purchase is to have the LLC set up with the Montana Secretary of State. We use a Priority Filing with fax confirmation when setting up your Montana LLC. This means that we will have your LLC in place in no more than 2 business days!
How much time will it take to register my vehicle, once I have an LLC?
As soon as your LLC is set up, our Customer Service department will contact you regarding the next steps. You will receive a package of LLC documents (typically via email) and directions for each document. Those documents need to be completed and returned to our office before the registration can be processed.
Once the documents are in complete and have arrived at our office, your plates should be delivered in 3 to 5 days via Priority Mail. Expedited service is available for an additional fee.
How do I get my RV license plates?
License plates are mailed to you via USPS Priority Mail. This is a 3 to 5 day guaranteed service. Your plates are shipped out of Red Lodge, Montana.
Plates can be shipped as quickly as overnight, if needed. We do ask that you pay for the additional shipping costs associated with this service.
Does my vehicle have to go to Montana?
No, your vehicle does not have to go to Montana! Because Montana has no requirements for vehicle inspections, all of the paperwork associated with registration, titling, and plate renewal can be done via mail, fax, email, or online.
Can this work for me if I already own my vehicle?
Yes! We can work with vehicles that you already own. Click here for more information on your specific situation.